Data Protection Notice – Province of Middlesex
This notice is for all candidates and Freemasons of the Province of Middlesex. It applies to the processing of your personal data by the Province.
Section I sets out the purposes for which your data will be used by the Province if you are a candidate to become a Freemason.
Section II sets out the purposes for which your data will be used by the Province if you are a Freemason.
Please note that your personal data will also be processed by your Lodge(s) and the United Grand Lodge of England as separate data controllers and so you are also referred to their respective Data Protection Notices.
- Use of your data during your application to become a Freemason
As a candidate to become a Freemason, you consent to the processing, retention and sharing of your personal data for the purpose of assessing your membership application and any other Masonic applications you may make.
You can withdraw your consent and request erasure of your data at any time prior to your initiation by notifying your proposer and seconder that you wish to cancel your application.
- Use of your data after you become a Freemason
As a Freemason your data will be processed, retained and shared for any reasonable purposes required by the Book of Constitutions or the bodies it sanctions from time to time. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following purposes:
- Assessing any Masonic applications you make;
- Registering you as a member of Freemasonry;
- Receiving communications to which you are entitled as a Mason;
- Recording the progress of your career in Freemasonry; and
- Masonic disciplinary processes.
You may stop your data from being used by the Province by resigning from all Lodges in the Province.
The Province is at 148 London Road, Twickenham, Middlesex TD1 1HD. Please contact its data protection officer by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to:
- Object to the Province processing your data;
- Request access to your data; or
- Request rectification of your data.
The legal bases on which your personal data will be used in accordance with this Section II are:
- The legitimate interests of the Province as a not for profit membership organisation; and
- The fulfilment of contractual obligations owed to you by your Lodge supported by the Province.
In this notice “Book of Constitutions” means the General Laws and Regulations for the Government of the Craft of the United Grand Lodge of England from time to time.
Download a copy HERE