These were presented to Claire McInally, Relations Manager.
Keech Hospice Care provides specialist care for adults and children with terminal and life-limiting illnesses as well as vital support for their families and friends (www.keech.org.uk/virtual-tour).
One cheque was from the Lodge for £200 and the other cheque was a personal donation of £501 from W Bro Desai by way of a thank you, as the hospice had taken care of his mother.
She sadly passed away whilst in their care earlier in the year.
Giving a sum of 501, or other sums ending with a 1 in the Hindu culture, is not uncommon and there are reasons for this. 0 denotes a finality whist a figure ending in 1 is indivisible. These reasons can be explored by the reader through a Google search.
The Lodge has also been generous in its charitable to gifts to a number of other charities during the course of the year:
• Samaritans – £350 (www.samaritans.org)
• Refuge – £350 (www.refuge.org.uk)
• Sew Aday – £300 (sewaday.org)
• Ealing Foodbank – £300 (ealing.foodbank.org.uk)
• Ileostamy and Bag Charity – £250 (iasupport.org)
• Marie Curie Nurses – £200 (www.mariecurie.org.uk)
These donations are made to a wide variety of worthy causes and the Lodge and its Brethren are to be commended.
Share this Post