ALMONER – Assistance at times of hardship
Every Lodge and Chapter has an Almoner, who is responsible for overseeing the welfare of Lodge members, dependents and widows, and ensuring that all cases of hardship are identified and passed to the Provincial Almoner.
Help available includes:-
– assistance in cases where daily living expenses cannot be met,
– issues with the funeral costs of a Freemason,
– assistance with costs of medical, dental and eye treatments,
– home conversions and mobility aids for those with chronic health issues,
– educational costs for qualifying children of Freemasons and widows in distressed circumstances.
Initial enquiries relating to applications for places in Masonic care homes for the elderly also fall under the remit of the Provincial Almoner.
The Provincial Almoner for Middlesex is Hugh Saville, and he works very closely with the Masonic Charitable Foundation to ensure that all applications for assistance are dealt with in a sympathetic and timely manner.
He can also explain the necessary criteria to qualify for assistance.
Enquiries can be made either via your Lodge, or Chapter Almoner, or to the Provincial Almoner, or directly to the Masonic Charitable Foundation via the Freemasonry Cares phone and email contacts.
All enquires are treated in strict confidence.
Important links include:
• The Provincial Almoner can be contacted at email@example.com , or by phone at 0788 759 3934
• The Masonic Charitable Foundation can be contacted on Freephone 0800 035 60 90, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Masonic Charitable Foundation web site is at mcf.org.uk